THOMAS G. LEE, B.S.,
500 Lakeshore Dr
Ontonagon, MI 49953
LAND LINE: 906/884-2397
Fort Pierce City Marina
1 Ave. A, Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
- Author: Around and About Ontonagon's Harbor.
- Author: Searching for Lt. Col. Benjamin Kendrich
Pierce: The Brave and Accomplished Army Officer for Whom Fort Pierce is
of FRIENDS OF FORT PIERCE Web
- Booklet. Living on a Sailboat in the Fort Pierce
- 77 day passage on s/v WINDSONG by water from
Ontonagon, MI to Fort Pierce, FLProfessional
Librarian. A.M.L.S., The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.Curriculum & Instruction. M.A., The University of
- Advisor. The Link. Inmate newspaper,
Kinross Correctional Facility
- Link wins the Michigan Penal
Press Award as Best Prison Newspaper in Michigan for 1998.
- Link wins the Michigan Penal Press Award
as Best Prison Newspaper in Michigan for 1999 (Second year in a
- Appointed to
Advisory Board, Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, Alabama.
of the Year Award, 1982.
- Web Designer.
Developed and ran first commercial Internet web server in Michigan's
U.P. in Houghton, Michigan.
- Web Designer.
Developed popular internet web site <leoedwards.com> dedicated to
my grandfather Edward Edison Lee who authored 50 books in the 1920's
and 30's under the pen name of Leo Edwards.
- Web Designer.
Developed a number of successful web sites, including: up-wide.com,
upbiz.com, ontonagon.com, michigancatalog.com, wisconsincatalog.com,
- Grant Writer.
Writer of over 100 funded state and federal grants.
- Wrote successful
grant to restore theatre in Ontonagon Township Building, 1997.
- Founder. The Weekly Bulletin: The Complete Shopping
Guide for the Western U.P.
- Editor and
Publisher. The Lake Superior Miner
Ontonagon County Chamber of Commerce.
- Chairman of the
Board. American Association for Corporate Contributions. (A.A.C.P.)
National Nonprofit Press Association, Washington, DC. (N.N.P.A.)
- National Director
of Philanthropic Research and Development. National Association for the
Exchange of Industrial Resources (N.A.E.I.R.)
National Network of Complementary Schools. A national exchange program
between selected public and independent schools.
- Author. Give-and-Take: The
Complete Tax Incentive Guide and The Approved Methods for Donating or
Accepting Corporate Gifts of Inventory. Fourth Edition.
Rent-A-Workshop A series of
video tapes, including: Investment Options for Nonprofits, Working With
The Press, A Guide to Grants, Planned Giving, Sports and Fitness Events
as Fund Raisers, etc.
- Author. Great Deal$, Smart Buys, and Real
Bargains$: A Complete Guide to the Best Surplus Markets.,
Ontonagon Area School District, Board of Education
- The Electronic Classroom.
Over 75 columns on computer and educational technology.
- The Information
Connection. Columns on information technology.
- Member. Rotary
One - Chicago; the world's first service club. Classification:
National Conference (in Chicago) on partnerships between business and
Raiser/General Manager. WOAS- FM, Ontonagon, MI.
Micrographics Project. U.S. Office of Education.
- Founder. 501(c)(3) Monthly Letter. 3rd largest nonprofit management
publication in the United States.
Specialist/Journalist. 82nd Airborne Division
- President, U.P. West, Area-Wide Telephone Directory
Service. Incorporated, July
- Publisher. Ewen
Centennial History Book, 1989.
- Eagle Scout with
God and Country Award. Member, Order of the Arrow. Boy Scouts of
- Harbormaster, Village of Ontonagon Marina. May 8
- Oct. 17, 2014
- Head Librarian, Ojibway Correctional
Facility, Michigan Department of Corrections, Marenisco, MI. 2000 - 2012
- Librarian. Law Library, General Library,
School Library and SEG Library, Michigan Department of Corrections,
Kinross Correctional Facility (KCF), Kincheloe, MI 1997-2000.
- Owner. The Landmark Publishing Company,
- Publisher. U.P.-Wide. Area-Wide Yellow Pages for
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Web Master. <www.up-wide.com>
- Director. 21st Century Internet Design
Group. Designer of national Internet "catalog" project. Current
catalogs now online include: michigancatalog.com, wisconsincatalog.com,
- Editor and Publisher. The Lake Superior Miner.
- Editor and Publisher. The Weekly Bulletin.
- Consultant. Corporate Philanthropy.
- Director of Research and Development.
National Association for the Exchange of Industrial Resources.
Northfield, IL. 1983-85.
- Consultant/Conference Planner/Advertising
Advisor. NationalConference on Partnerships between education and
- Federal Projects Writer, General Manager
WOAS-FM, Librarian. Ontonagon Area Schools, Ontonagon, MI. 1975-83.
- President. The Electronic Classoom.
- Director of Media Services. Half Hollow
Hills Schools, Dix Hills, Long Island, NY. 1974-75.
- Director of Media Services. Centennial
Educational Park, Plymouth Public Schools, Plymouth, MI. 1970-74.
- Media Director. Mona Shores Schools,
Muskegon, MI. 1966-70.
- High School Librarian, Muskegon High
School, Muskegon, MI. 1965-66.
- Journalist. 82nd Airborne Division, and
18th Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg, NC.
- Long experience
with various platforms and programs, including:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Pagemaker
- HTML Design and
- CGI Scripting
- Mac OS
- TCP/IP Networks/
- Local Area
- Various HTML Editors
- Microsoft Works
- Word Perfect
- CD-Rom Development
- First Search: World's largest bibliographic database.
- Graduate. New Employee School, Michigan
Department of Corrections, Lansing, MI. 1997
- A.M.L.S. (Library Science), The University
of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. 1970. Renamed The Information School.
- M.A., Master of Arts, Audiovisual Education
and Curriculum Development, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- B.S., Bachelor of Science. Journalism and
Library Science, Wisconsin State University, Oshkosh, WI. 1965.
- Diploma. U.S. Army Information School, Fort
- Cadet. U.S. Military Academy, West Point,
- Diploma. Memorial High School, Beloit, WI.
Memorial High School, Beloit,
Ripon College, Ripon, WI.
U.S. Military Academy, West
University of North
Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
North Carolina State
University, Raleigh, NC.
Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
Wisconsin State University,
Beloit College, Beloit,
Rackam School of Graduate Studies,
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
Academy, Lansing, MI
PARTIAL BIBLIOGRAPHY (By)
and About Ontonagon's Harbor, Columns in the Ontonagon Herald,
and About Ontonagon's Harbor (the book) Published October, 2014
for Lt. Col. Benjamin Kendrich Pierce: The Brave and Accomplished Army
Officer for Whom Fort Pierce, Florida is Named.
- Sailing Blog of trip from Ontonagon to Fort Pierce by
- Living on a Sailboat at the Fort
Pierce City Marina pdf copy at
- Designing a
library for a special clientele. Ironwood Daily Globe, February 27,
- Designer. up-wide.com, a comprehensive
world wide web site of businesses in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and in
surronding areas in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Ontario Canada.
- Designer. UP-Wide
Yellow Pages. A
comprehensive 336 page directory for Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
The Complete Tax Incentive Guide and the Approved Methods for Donating
or Accepting Corporate Gifts of Inventory. Fourth Edition.
Deal$, Smart Buy$ and Real Bargain$: The Complete Guide to the Best
A fund raising kit for planned giving.
Systems: A Handbook for Educators.
of an Instructional Film Program: A Handbook for the Building
- Library Hand
. . . A Lost Art. (A study of handwritten catalog
Monthly column in the NAEIR News. You Can Get in on This $17
Million Equipment Give away. The Executive Educator. February,
- If A Computer Answers,
Don't Hang Up. Classroom Computer News.
- Authorship of School
Textbooks for Education Faculty Appointed Between 1879-1929 at The
University of Michigan. Notes and Abstracts.
- Project Adventure.
The New North.
- Historical Notes.
A series of columns on the history of Rotary. The Gyrator,
Rotary One, Chicago.
- BACSTOP: A Teacher's
Guide to Ropes Courses and Other Initiatives. The Porcupine
- Hard to Believe
Association Arranges Donations to Schools. The New North.
- The Secret and
Mysterious Order of the Freckled Goldfish.
- Tuffy Bean Comes to
- DATE DUE. Over
150 columns on information technology.
- THE ELECTRONIC
CLASSROOM. Over 75 columns on technology.
- Putting Computers to
the Test in British Columbia. Classroom Computer News.
- History of 10-Watt Radio Stations.
- Every Child A Winner in New Physical Education Program.
- The Source. The
ADDENDUM (Seamanship Skills)
Windsong (red sail cover) at K-Dock, Fort Pierce City
|Some of Tom Lee's books:
OF FORT PIERCE
on a Sailboat at
the Fort Pierce City Marina
Fort Pierce, Florida
| Living on a Sailboat LINKS
on a sailboat BLOG
Sock Monky's Big Trip
(this is a large file, get a cup of coffee)
The Famous SOCK MONKEY
Living on a Sailboat in the Fort Pierce
WINDSONG II, C&C 27
PENRYN, Ballerina II
s/v VIKING, Allied Seawind 30
m/v VICTORIA, River Queen Houseboat
Saturday Market, Fort
Pierce Marina Square
Saturday Craft Market, Historic Fort Pierce
Saturday Green Market
Bike Night, Historic Fort Pierce
Friday Fest, Fort Pierce Marina Square
Christmas Celebrations, Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce City Marina Web Site
(below) Residence of Thomas
Margaret Lee. The historic Gorman House, Ontonagon, Michigan.
The Gorman House is famous for
Gorman House Beach House on the Shore of Lake Superior
where a lot of work on this site is done.
(Note: this building was
Ontonagon's first library)
My grandfather Edward Edson
Lee (Leo Edwards) published
nearly 50 books for boys in the 1920 and 30's ...
Visit his site at leoedwards.com